Tax Manager International Finance
Fulltime | Location Nieuwegein (NL)
We at Daimler Truck work for all who keep the world moving. Without trucks and buses, factories would have nothing to produce, supermarkets would have nothing to sell, and people could not travel back and forth! We are convinced, that everything we do, contributes to a cleaner, safer, more efficient and more connected world: For goods, for people, for all of us.
As a global company with over 100.000 employees spread all around the globe, we know that different ideas, perspectives and origins move us forward. Global diversity and regional strength combined with team spirit is what makes us succeed. Nevertheless, we are not yet where we want to be: We learn from each other, share insights and are always looking forward to new input. This way, we all do our part in transforming the future of transportation into a sustainable one.
The four Daimler Truck group entities based in the Netherlands show the broad range of our business activities: Import and sales as well as leasing and financing of Trucks and Busses. Moreover, Daimler Truck International Finance B.V. is a financing entity which provides funding to Daimler Truck group entities in its role as an “in-house bank”.
Become part of our team, experience the fascination of our industry and contribute actively to the success of Daimler Trucks and Buses!
You will be managing the Dutch tax function for Daimler Truck group and will thereby be ensuring full tax compliance, providing tax advice, managing and negotiating tax audits and ensuring proper tax risk management. Your scope of responsibility covers all relevant taxes (e.g. Corporate Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax and Transfer Pricing) and all Daimler Truck group entities based in the Netherlands (Daimler Truck International Finance B.V., Mercedes-Benz Trucks Nederland B.V., EvoBus Nederland B.V., Daimler Truck Financial Services Nederland B.V.).
You will report to the CEO of Daimler Truck International Finance B.V. and will have a close integration into the worldwide central tax function in Germany. You will work closely with the local CFO’s as well as the finance departments and will represent the Dutch entities vis-à-vis tax authorities and external tax advisors.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will ensure tax compliance especially in the areas of Corporate Income Tax, Value-Added Tax, Withholding Tax and Transfer Pricing, including the filing of tax returns, tax planning and preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation;
- You will monitor applicable Tax regulations, safeguard compliance and coordinate implementation of new legislations;
- You will manage tax projects, provide tax guidance in relevant projects or M&A transactions and identify as well as coordinate tax efficiency opportunities;
- You will support in further developing the inter-company financing strategy and ensure transfer pricing compliance with special focus on financing transactions;
- You will ensure alignment and relationship with tax authorities and independently manage tax audits;
- You will continuously improve processes, search for automation and digitalization solutions to improve process efficiency and create a “state-of-the-art” tax function in the Netherlands.
- University degree in tax law or fiscal economics;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Dutch and international tax law, gained at an international tax audit or consulting firm or an international corporate;
- Expert knowledge of Dutch as well as international tax law and transfer pricing regulations;
- Ability to work independently, with a solution oriented attitude and a high level of commitment;
- High communication skills and being a great team player;
- Fluent in written and verbal communication in Dutch and English;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software.
What we offer:
- A challenging job with a broad area of responsibility in an international environment and room for your own ideas and initiatives;
- Trainings to support your continuous development, on- & off-the-job;
- An attractive benefits package including participation in the company bonus, a company car, favorable employee benefits, 25 vacation days and 13 ATV days per year (on a full-time basis) and a good pension scheme;
- A high level of flexibility including the option for 2 days of home office per week;
- A contract for an indefinite period (with a 2 month probation period).